[Qgis-developer] GEOS functions

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 12:28:01 EST 2009

Andreas Neumann wrote:
> as far as I know this behavior was already with GEOS 2x. You have to
> deal with it. In case you get a geometry collection you can extract
> the part you are interested in. In case you are dealing with Polygons,
> extract the polygon part and skip/ignore the line and point part of
> the Geometry collection. Thats how I did it with some Postgis related
> work.
Yes I think this is the only option at this point, but since most
'analysis' plugins will be using python, and pyQGIS doesn't have direct
access to GEOS geometries, we have to have some way to do this based on
QgsGeometry().

Can anyone think of a more efficient/practical way of accessing the
geometries stored in a geometry collection?

Carson