[Qgis-developer] indentation scripts

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 07:29:14 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Jürgen E.<jef at norbit.de> wrote:

> Originally Tim and I wanted to do automate this on commit using a server side
> hook, but server side hooks are not allowed to change code.  But we might at
> some point implement something that rejects commits that astyle.sh would
> change.

Hi Juergen,

maybe I'm missing something, but what's the reason behind requiring to
have the source code perfectly formatted all the time? :-) If we care
about proper formatting, isn't it easier to do the indentation update
only before creating release branch?

My concern is that indentation commits make any parallel development
harder and create additional conflicts in code that need to be
manually resolved.

Bye
Martin