[Qgis-developer] qgis 1.2 findings

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 08:17:16 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 07:59 +0200, Richard Kostecky wrote:
> Hi I still wasn't able to reproduce this issue (error in simplify
> feature).
>
> If you have any layer on which to reproduce, please send it to me and
> I willl have a look on it.
>
> Thanks
> Richard
>
> PS: Sorry for late answer but I didn't had much time lately since I
> have exam period in school.

Hi!
I was able to reproduce the error* 10 times out of 10 with the vector
you can download at this link**. Consider that is a "complex" polygon,
but I reproduced the error also with very simple ones.

These are my observations:

a) with this test layer (that has many nodes), once clicked with the
"simplify feature" tool, the slider takes a few seconds before show up.
Maybe this is physiological delay, maybe is possible to do something.

b) add the layer, click with the simplify tool, move the slider, put the
slider to the initial value, click ok -> qgis crashes

c) add the layer, click with the simplify tool, *don't* move the slider,
click ok -> qgis do not crashes

then if you click again with the simplify tool, move the slider, put the
slider to the initial value -> qgis do not crashes

d) when you use the simplify tool as in c), then you exit the editing
mode, qgis asks if you want to save the changes -> this do not make a
lot of sense as no changes were made.

e) I noticed also the following: take the "majrivers" shapefile (you can
find it in the qgis demo data), and test the simplify tool. On some
features it works fine, on others it behaves like the above description
and on others is enough to click with the tool on the feature to crash
qgis.

Platform is Ubuntu 9.04 and QGIS rev. 11005

Hope this can help

-- Giovanni --

*
Fatal: ASSERT failure in QVector<T>::operator[]: "index out of range",
file /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h, line 331
Aborted

**
http://www.faunalia.pt/downloads/dist_evora.tar.gz