[Qgis-developer] on spatialite-gis and spatialite-qgis

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 11:40:44 EDT 2009

6 июля 2009 г. 20:54 пользователь Maxim Dubinin (sim at gis-lab.info) написал:
> I would really like to see this support in QGIS too. It is not clear
> from the organizational point of view whether all this nice features
> better be developed under QGIS, but not stand alone from the start,

+1 from me. It's very good it have SpatiaLite and RasterLite support in QGIS.

7 июля 2009 г. 11:04 пользователь Paolo Cavallini
(cavallini at faunalia.it) написал:
> Maxim Dubinin ha scritto:
>> I would really like to see this support in QGIS too. It is not clear
>> from the organizational point of view whether all this nice features
>> better be developed under QGIS, but not stand alone from the start,
>
> I think what we really need here is a SpaliaLite manager, much in the
> line of the excellent PostGIS manager: any taker?

I think first of all we need not SpatiaLite manager, but full and bugs free
integration (support) of Spatia and RasterLite in QGIS. At this time there is
some problems with this.

Besides there is some problems with accessing and manipulating spatial-enabled
tables through Python pysqlite module. sqlite3 module from OSGeo4W installer
doesn't have "enable_load_extension" capability so, user can't load
library libspatialite.so
(libspatialite-2.dll) and work with spatial-enabled tables. Some
version of pysqlite installers
or sources have this problem (disabled and not working
"enable_load_extension") too.

--
Alexander Bruy

mailto: alexander.bruy at gmail.com