AW: Re: [Qgis-developer] PostGIS manager v0.5

Düster Horst Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch
Thu Jul 9 02:59:43 EDT 2009

Martin

I found out further issues related with OID Indexes (1) and table
versioning (2) and one enhancement (3).

1.
When I select a table with OID index, the meta data Indexes part shows:

Name Column(s)
afu_prog05_oid_idx ??? (#-2)
afu_prog05_idx wkb_geometry

A double click on this table leeds to the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/barpadue/.qgis//python/plugins/postgis_manager/ManagerWindow.py",
line 439, in editTable
    dlg = DlgTableProperties(self.db, ptr.schema().name, ptr.name)
  File
"/home/barpadue/.qgis//python/plugins/postgis_manager/DlgTableProperties
.py", line 64, in __init__
    self.populateIndexes()
  File
"/home/barpadue/.qgis//python/plugins/postgis_manager/DlgTableProperties
.py", line 350, in populateIndexes
    cols += self._field_by_number(col).name
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'name'

All tables without OID Index can be double clicked without any problems.

2.
* The schema select box content should be sortet.
* The geometry index and all other indexes of the versionized table
should be a patial index with the constaint "where time_end = NULL ".
With a partial index you will have huge performance advantages. With the
time the amount of archived or historized records will grow up. P.e. one
table of our cadastral data contains more than 1 Mio records, but 700000
of them are not in production state (end_time <> NULL). With the partial
index these records don't exists for Postgres, as the result you do not
have any performance problems with your production data.

3. I would be nice to add a selected table to Qgis mapcanvas.

Regards
Horst

Dr. Horst Düster
Stv. Amtschef / GIS-Koordinator