[Qgis-developer] [Fwd: Re: [Qgis-user] Poll on website]

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Jul 15 01:22:59 EDT 2009

Hi all.
What about dropping 1.0.2 line, and concentrating on 1.1.x, and soon on 1.2?
My arguments:
- most people use 1.1 or trunk (see the poll)
- 1.0.2 is not more stable than 1.1
- we do not seem to have the human resource to backport systematically
the many fixes we have in 1.1 (often, not even those in trunk)
- the current situation is quite confusing for necomers (and probably
also for many other users); see e.g.
http://qgis.org/en/download/binaries.html
All the best.