[Qgis-developer] Edit tools: planned "rotate feature" and "draw rectangle" ?

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 09:14:37 EDT 2009

For planing low height aerial campaigns with small format cameras. It's
useful having a rectangle of the size
of the planned footprint (of a single image or of the length of a flight
line and the width of an image) and moving it and orienting it to
accommodate the features that you want to cover.
Also, defining a rectangle to clip an image (which I use to simulate the
result that we are supposed
to get if appropriate imagery is available, i.e. a previous
regular aerial photography)

In general, this would be useful for designing field sampling schemes by
locating rectangular plots of a pre-defined size.

Agus