[Qgis-developer] load layer style failed - possible bug?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Jul 20 04:53:36 EDT 2009

Hi Luca,

On Mon, 20. Jul 2009 at 10:09:51 +0200, Luca Mandolesi wrote:
>    Hi, I'm working on MacOs X and writing a little plugin in python that load
>    layer with .qml style.
>    If the .qml file It's into HD directory, I haven't problems, but If I put
>    the qml file into ./qgis/python/plugins/myplugindir/ Qgis cannot read the
>    file. So, it's impossible writin a python plugin with .qml files contained
>    into the plugin.
>    Some suggestions??

How are you trying to load the qml?   Loading with
QgsMapLayer::loadNamedStyle() should work with any path.

If you want to have QGIS automatically loaded the qml when you load the layer
the qml needs to reside in the same directory and have the same name as the
vector data source.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden