[Qgis-developer] roadmap

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Jul 29 14:48:50 EDT 2009

Hi all.
I think not having a roadmap and a timeline can confuse both users and
packagers. How about establishing a plan for two major releases per year (plus
eventual minor, bugfix releases), with a fixed (with some flexibility of course)
calendar?
Something like:

- 1 August 2009 - 1.2 feature freeze
- 14 August - string freeze and call for translation updates
- 21 August - tag for release and call for packaging
- 31 August - release announcement

- eventual releases of minor versions (bugfix) when needed

- 1 February 2010 - 1.3 feature freeze
- 14 February - string freeze and call for translation updates
- 21 February - tag for release and call for packaging
- 31 February - release announcement

And so on. Just take it as an example - any different arrangement of dates would
be ok for me, I'm mainly interested in checking whether a similar schedule is
feasible, and if it makes sense.
All the best.