[Qgis-developer] Node tool

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 11:12:49 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I've just added a new "node" tool for more rapid vector editing to svn
trunk (r10890). It has been developed as a part of qgis-mapper
project.

It resembles a tool for editing paths by nodes that is present in
every vector editor. How does it work (in QGIS):
- click on a feature, its nodes will be marked by small rectangles
- clicking and dragging a node moves it
- double clicking a segment will add a new node
- pressing delete key will remove active node
- it's possible to select more active nodes at once: by clicking and
dragging a rectangle
- it's possible to select segment's adjacent nodes by clicking on the segment
- it's possible to add/remove active nodes by using Ctrl when clicking
a node or dragging a rectangle

I recommend everyone to turn off vertex markers in options when
working with this tool: the redraws are much faster and the map is not
cluttered with markers.

Please give it a try and as always we'll be happy to hear some feedback :-)

Martin