[Qgis-developer] snapping for move vertex feature

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Tue Jun 9 11:34:31 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am just trying to move some vertices of a simple vector box with 4 corners and
i'm finding it really hard to pick up the vertices and move them.

In Settings -> Project Properties -> General I set the Map Units to meters
according to my CRS and also adapted the snapping options for the layer to
vertex, 10000 meters and map units. But even with this high value it doesn't
seem to work.

I have the impression that a defined snapping is not used for the move vertex
feature. When I use the digitizing tools capture point, line, and polygon
snapping works as expected.

Is this correct and if yes, is there a reason for this behavior or is it just a
missing feature?

kind regards,
 Otto