[Qgis-developer] GSoC: GDAL/OGR frontend plugin?

godofredo contreras frdcn at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 11 17:04:10 EDT 2009

Hi:

I'm my case I changed from python to c++  because a problem with callback functions. I'm already working

in raster exporter plugin. The plugin will have the following functionality:

Translate from any supported raster format to any gdal driver with write support.

Batch translation of multiple raster files to a target raster format.

Full support for driver creation options via xml configuration file.

I already developed the classes to deal with creation options and I think they can be used with ogr converter plugin

to solve the following todos in ogr converter:

 // TODO: Add support for creation options

 // TODO: Append and createion options not implemented

 // TODO: Append option not supported

The classes are ready but the plugin needs more work.

Also I was checking the create new vector layer dialog, to improve it, add reestructure functionality, support for all ogr vector formats, and selection of projection. Unfortunately I found that there are not support in ogr to deletefield, checking

in the mailing list I found that some other qgis developers have made a request for such functionality in ogr without success,

do you think the qgis team can push a rfc in gdal/ogr to add this functionality?

Regards

Godofredo Contreras