[Qgis-developer] Re: Qgis 1.0.2 and python 2.6

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Jun 25 11:54:37 EDT 2009

Because Qgis doesn't use the python executable, it links directly to
the Python framework/library.  This ties it to a specific Python
installation.  You would have to build your own Qgis linked to Python
2.6.

I don't know about the compatibility of Qgis with Python 2.6.

On Jun 25, 2009, at 10:32 AM, Luca Mandolesi wrote:

> Hi to all.
>
> I'm developping under mac os x a plugin[1] and I've updated python
> at 2.6, with psycopg2-2.0.11 and SQLalchemy 0.5, but qgis doesn't
> recognize python. With python 2.5 sqlalchmey doesn't work.
>
> What I can do to make run correctly my plugin? The new version of
> Qgis will use python2.6?
>
> Thank you a lot!! 8 )
>
> luca
>
> 1 pyarchinit.altervista.org

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the
past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between
my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy