[Qgis-developer] OGC

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jun 26 09:23:44 EDT 2009

Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Jürgen E. Fischer ha scritto:
>> Shouldn't that be the OSGeo foundation?  But I see OSGeo projects everywhere,
>> but OSGeo not once.
>
> Good point. I expected that after the signature of the MoU between OGC
> and OSGeo, there would have been a whole lot of good initiatives,
> including the listing of projects in OGC. But this had not happened, so
> I decided to go on. Would it be ok to list it under QuantumGIS as an
> organization?
> All the best.

Folks,

I see QGIS is now listed twice.  Once under Faunalia, and once under
HS-RS - OpenSource tools (by Jachym).

I would like to see OSGeo setup as an organization and OSGeo projects
listed under it where practical.  Paolo, would you be interested in
laking the lead on this, and mentioning it on the OSGeo standards
list?  If not, me or Arnulf could likely do it.

Best regards,