[Qgis-developer] Missing dependencies on WinXP Pro - standalone installers

Craig Leat craig.leat at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 05:02:14 EDT 2009

Hi Devs

I have just started playing with QGIS on WinXP and noticed dependency
problems with the standalone installers posted at:
http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/win32/QGIS-1.0.2-0-Setup.exe, and
http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/win32/QGIS-1.1.0-0-Setup.exe

Dependency Walker shows a dependency on msvcr80.dll, but msvcr90.dll
is bundled in the installers. I resolved the issue by copying the
following into .\bin
Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest
msvcp80.dll
msvcr80.dll

Dependency Walker also shows the following delay-load modules to be missing:
ieshims.dll
wer.dll

These are not present on my WinXP Pro SP3 system and so I have not
been able to resolve these last two dependencies. Any tips?

Regards

Craig