[Qgis-developer] Segmentation Faults compiling current trunk

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Mar 2 07:45:48 EST 2009

Thanks, Vincent,

It seems to work now again for me after deleting the directories you
mentioned. I first tried without removing /usr/local/share/qgis (as I did
some modifications) in this directory). But it did not work. After
deleting /usr/local/share/qgis and running make install again it worked
fine.

Thanks again,
Andreas

On Mon, March 2, 2009 12:04 pm, Vincent Schut wrote:
> Andreas Neumann wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just svn-updated the trunk version, recompiled and installed. Now when
>> am starting QGIS I get segmentation faults. I then removed
>> .config/QuantumGIS/QGIS.conf to make sure that the settings/plugins
>> aren't
>> disturbing.
>>
>> I could then start QGIS, but it was still very unstable.
>>
>> I then rolled back to release 10240 and it works fine again. (10240 was
>> just a random pick, I first tried to go back to 10250 and 10249 and it
>> still had the problems).
>>
>> Any idea what could be wrong? Are others also experiencing startup and
>> stability problems with the current trunk?
>>
>> Andreas
>>
> Had an immediate segfault after compiling and installing today's svn and
> starting qgis. However, running 'make uninstall' and after that deleting
> all qgis remains, and then running 'make install' again, apparently
> solved it (qgis starts OK and some quick testing doesn't show any
> instability). Deleting all qgis remains in my case meant: deleting
> /usr/local/share/qgis, /usr/local/include/qgis and /usr/local/lib/qgis.
> Ymmv.
>
> Vincent.

Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/