[Qgis-developer] Plugin Installer statistics and contacts

Borys Jurgiel borysiasty at aster.pl
Thu Mar 12 15:11:03 EDT 2009

Sunday 08 March 2009 08:13:26 Mauricio de Paulo napisał(a):
> Hello everyone,
> I've found it hard to know what plugins are really getting attention
> from the users so I've thought: Can the plugin installer tell me how
> many times were they downloaded? And I think maybe we could add tags
> like "downloads" and "digged" as in some filesharing tools. This way
> people could see what plugins have been tested and see if people liked
> it or not. So we developers could get a feedback and the users could
> have a parameter to rely or not on the results of that plugin.
> What do you think, Borys?
> Maurício de Paulo

Hi Mauricio!
I think this task is directed to the repository maintainers rather than to the
Installer. A php script could catch every Installer's request for given .zip
package and update the <download> tag in the repository xml. I hope it makes
sense?

The installer can, of course, display the counter value if present in the xml
file. In the future, as tags are getting more and more, we will have to change
the layout of the Installer window and add a bigger html viewer. Then there will
be place even for voting ;)

Regards,
B.