[Qgis-developer] GSoC: GDAL/OGR frontend plugin?

godofredo contreras frdcn at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 15 12:42:34 EDT 2009

        Hi Florian and Ivan:

Sorry for my late reply, I meant a raster dialog to wrap the funtionality
of gdal_translate. For example choose a raster file, select a new file, an
output format and the creation options to export from gtiff to ecw,
jpg2000 or any other format available in gdal. An example of such dialog
is the openev export tool.

The openev export tool is written in python and I tried to create a python
plugin borrowing the code but I couldn't make the progress callback of
gdalcreatecopy work. I always got a runtime error saying "object passed
is not a python function". Florian if you are working with python have you
faced this problem?

I can think in a class like QgsVectorFileWriter for rasters to enable a
"save as" option to export the currently selected raster layer in legend
to any gdal enabled format.

Also if you are doing something similar I would like to join efforts instead
of replicating work.

Regards
Godofredo Contreras