[Qgis-developer] SpatiaLite support

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Mar 16 07:23:24 EDT 2009

Hi all.
I think now SpatiaLite is now mature enough for its provider to be
included in qgis. This would be a major breakthrough, and a first for
qgis (see e.g.
http://moreati.org.uk/blog/2009/03/01/shapefile-20-manifesto/ ).
I have been discussing with Sandro about showing up the diffs only, but
apparently this is a bit complicated, because the provider requires
several new files, and modifications also to the building system.
I think Sandro is reliable enough to allow him to commit his code
straight into trunk (or in a separate branch, is absolutely necessary).
Please decide about this, and let's move towards new, higher targets!