[Qgis-developer] Improvements to open vector dialog

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Mar 18 09:09:38 EDT 2009

godofredo contreras ha scritto:
 > I have been working in a patch for open vector layer dialog to improve
> it and extend it to support database,  protocol and directory
> connections in addition to the already implemented file support.

Hi Godofredo:
I'm playing with your improvement, which I find quite useful. Most
layers (GRASS and PostGIS) could be loaded without fuss, but one
specific GRASS vector among those I tried causes QGIS to crash without
any warning on the command line. The same layer, opened from the grass
plugin, says:
No layers available in this map
So obviously the plugin is more robust than OGR access.
I'm attaching it here for further testing if you're interested.