[Qgis-developer] build qgis-grass plugin on Windows

godofredo contreras frdcn at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 18 14:14:10 EDT 2009

 Hi Giovanny:

You can use the libs and includes bundled with osgeo4w to build qgis and

grass plugin.

Using osgeo4w do the following:

install grass from desktop category

install grass-devel-vc from libs (be sure is the same version that grass )

install gdal from libs

install geos from libs

install sqlite from libs

install proj from libs

install xpat from libs

install gsl from libs

create the environment variable LIB_DIR pointing to c:/osgeo4w and run

cmakesetup, after that set GRASS_PREFIX to the grass instalation directory

(something like c:/osgeo4w/apps/grass/gras-6.4.0R3)

And thats all, start compiling with visual studio or nmake

Hope this helps

Regards

Godofredo Contreras