[Qgis-developer] custom folder qgis install with osgeo4w under windows

Maxim Dubinin sim at gis-lab.info
Wed Mar 18 21:35:16 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm not sure I've put this bug [1] in the right tracker, but it is quite
annoying as many people that I work with are trying to install QGIS
using OSGeo4W in the folder which is different from default
(c:/osgeo4w). This results in some problems, couple of which are:

1. To be able to run QGIS, qgis.bat should be edited to reflect
changes in the install folder

2.  QSQLITE  driver doesn't show up in the list of sources of QGIS and
subsequently SQLite drivers cannot be used.

If QGIS is installed with Express option to C:\OSGeo4W folder, everything works ok by default.

Am I missing something obvious or can we do something about it?

Maxim

[1]http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/67