[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] Feature requests

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Mar 30 20:46:04 EDT 2009

Agustin:
> > I've added the following items to my wishlist
> > (http://sites.google.com/site/eospansite/myqgiswishlist)
>
> > I wait for feed-back before adding them as tickets:
> >   24. When opening a layer, add it to the position below the layer
> >       selected in the legend (not always to the top)
> >   25. When creating a group in the legend, add it to the position below
> >       the selected layer (not always to the bottom)
> >   26. RGB color composite from individual files.
> >   27. RGB color composite from layers within a group in the legend
> >   28. Color (or grey) key for vector and single-band raster layers
> >   29. Attribute table and tips for single-band raster layers (i.e., for
> >       land-cover raster layers)

Nikos:
> * Ability to clone/duplicate an already opened layer by right click on a
> layer. This is, in my humble opinion, more convenient to make quick
> changes on the appearance (i.e. of a vector) and have different "looks"
> of the same map than adding a layer again and re-applying whatever
> symbology properties the user wants to.

+ One more idea (noted by Dimitris Zachariadis):
A free-form selection tool (aka laso). It would be very useful to be
able to select nodes of interest, or lines for example which cannot be
selected with the rectangular selection tool.

I think something like the "split" tool but instead of splitting, it
should select whatever the user wants. The the user can delete, update
perhaps _at once_ an attribute (a column) and more.

Kind regards, Nikos