[Qgis-developer] Linker error with libqgis_core on OSX

Henning Lorenz henning.lorenz at geo.uu.se
Fri May 8 03:46:23 EDT 2009

Hi!

I'm on OSX 10.5.5 and had no recent problems to build QGis. Now I
updated from svn version 10262 (2009-03-04) to 10748 (today) and the
build fails with the following error:

> [ 17%] Building CXX object src/core/CMakeFiles/qgis_core.dir/
> spatialindex/rtree/Statistics.o
> Linking CXX shared library libqgis_core.dylib
> Undefined symbols:
>  "_locale_charset", referenced from:
>      _gaiaGetLocaleCharset in spatialite.o
>  "_iconv_close", referenced from:
>      _gaiaConvertCharset in spatialite.o
>      _gaiaFreeUTF8Converter in spatialite.o
>      _gaiaFreeShapefile in spatialite.o
>  "_iconv", referenced from:
>      _gaiaConvertCharset in spatialite.o
>      _gaiaConvertToUTF8 in spatialite.o
>      _gaiaReadShpEntity in spatialite.o
>      _gaiaWriteShpEntity in spatialite.o
>  "_iconv_open", referenced from:
>      _gaiaConvertCharset in spatialite.o
>      _gaiaCreateUTF8Converter in spatialite.o
>      _gaiaOpenShpRead in spatialite.o
>      _gaiaOpenShpWrite in spatialite.o
> ld: symbol(s) not found
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [src/core/libqgis_core.1.2.dylib] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [src/core/CMakeFiles/qgis_core.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> Polaris-2:build hl$

Any help is highly appreciated, thanks!

Henning

P.S. I also updated to Qt 4.5.1, but the error does not seem to be
related to Qt, because version 10262 shows no error at this point.