[Qgis-developer] Real-Time GPS Plugin for QGIS?

Bob Bruce Bob.Bruce at gov.mb.ca
Thu May 14 20:33:42 EDT 2009

Hi:
        I was wondering if there is anyone out there who has done much work
on a real-time GPS plugin for QGIS? I need one for a project that I am
working on. I couldn't find one so I started work on developing the
connection in python. So far I have written enough of a class to open a
connection and to get the NMEA 0183 serial output and derive the positions.

    Before I go any further I wanted to check to see if there is anyone out
there who has done this yet who is planning to share it with the world ;-) .

thanks,
            Bob Bruce,
            Winnipeg, Manitoba