[Qgis-developer] Use selection in fTools (patch created)

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Tue May 26 05:56:30 EDT 2009

Hi, list!
   Now the all tools from fTools works only on the whole layer
(attribute table). In my opinion, it would be good if they
will work with selected objects too. I try to modify the sources of
some functions and achieve the desired result.

   I have create a small patch for fTools and add ticket in Trac
https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1714

   This is a patch wich allow to use selected features from layer in
some geoprocessing tools (Convex hull(s), Buffers,
Intersect, Clip, Difference and Dissolve). Also this patch allow to
use Basic statistics tool only for selected features
and add possibility to get statistics on text fields(minimum and
maximum length, mean length and other).

   I hope, this help made QGIS better.

   This patch was created with the support of GIS-Lab and some
discussion (in Russian) can be found
here http://gis-lab.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3350

Alexander Bruy

mailto: alexander.bruy at gmail.com