Fw: Re: [Qgis-developer] Which compiler should I use to build example code?

Sun Nov 1 15:54:07 EST 2009

Hi

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Henri De Feraudy <feraudyh at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>  I tried your suggestion and now link works, and then I made cmake generation more verbose, and noticed it's what I should have been doing all along.
>   Unfortunately I still have a problem qgis_core.dll cannot be found, yet I modified the path to
> search in the directory where qgis_core.dll must lie, and also the place where geos_c.dll
> and gdal16.dll must lie.
>
> The program begins to run and then I have a runtime error!
> program ...\timtut1.exe
> file: global::qglobal.cpp
> line 2030
>
> QWidget: Must construct a Qapplication before a QPaint device.
>

> Is this due to an untested  last minute tweak of the sample code?
> I have not touched the sample code myself!!

I tested tuts 1-5 on linux last night and all were working ok. I
havent tested on windows in a loong time. Perhaps you can step through
with the debugger and see where it runs off the rails?

Regards

Tim

> ( Jurgen: Sorry I accidentally replied to your message, and too early
> Henri

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release  Manager)

* QGIS programming and support services
* FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net