[Qgis-developer] What is "is a qgis problem"? (it was Re: [Qgis-user] Scattergram with compiled qwt5.2.0)

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Nov 7 06:55:06 EST 2009

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 12:41:06 +0100, Agustin Lobo <alobolistas at gmail.com>
wrote:

> But from the user perspective, anything making qgis not working properly
> or not fulfilling a set of minimum operational requirements must
> be "a qgis problem".

Agreed.

> Users must put their effort on using QGIS, and their satisfaction is
> the main reason for QGIS to exist. With no or few users, qgis will
> decay.

This is not true: without developer it would decay, with lots of devs and
no user (admittedly, a paradoxical situation) qgis would be just as good :)

And users do a lot of effort on using QGIS, as they often must deal

> but a totally devastating answer for an student with his/her exercise to
be
> due

This is not true: anybody can use trunk from previous day, with no effort,
even on windows.

> We must all acknowledge the contribution made by developers. We must all
> acknowledge the contribution made by of users.

Correct: I just posted such an acknowledgement. But there are thousands of
users that do not contribute the slightest to the project; this is a
weakness of all free project, and their own responsibility.
If all QGIS users would be as active as you, lots of problems would be
already solved.
All the best, and keep on helping!
--
http://faunalia.it/pc