Fwd: [Qgis-developer] Georeferencer improvements

Jack R lynx21.12.12 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 13:29:56 EST 2009

---------- Пересланное сообщение ----------
От: Jack R <lynx21.12.12 at gmail.com>
Дата: 10 ноября 2009 г. 21:18
Тема: Re: [Qgis-developer] Georeferencer improvements
Кому: Mailing Lists <lists at linfiniti.com>

Hi Tim,

I have written patch that demonstrates work tabs with map canvas and
composer. Now it doesn't work with plug-ins like georeferencer but if you
will chose tabs instead docks it will be moved in tabs ease with help of
using now map composer approach of developing.
BTW, we discussed some time ago about tabs and docks. I implemented test
patch with docks it worked only with map canvases. I can say about docks
that it is more hard to code and I guess they more hard to understand for
users in condition if you intend to implement capability to work with few
map canvases, map composers and plug-ins. The main disadvantage of tabs is
it can't be detached in standard implementation to distinguish docks. But in
patch I have implemented this feature and some other such as preview tab,
move and restore closed tabs (restore works only with tabs but not detached
windows). Another feature that I implemented in patch is tabbed legend. So
you should think about this too. In feature I will planed to implement tabs
for plug-ins and composers like legend tabs for map canvas.
Well, I wander what do you think about using tabs with map composer and
plug-ins (e.g. georeferencer)?

Hi Maxim

> Bear in mind that we are planning in the not so distant future to move
> map composer from being a separate window to being a tab so copying
> its implementation approach may not end up with a solution that is
> consistent over the long term. What about considering making a split
> map view in the main window rather, along with a dock panel to hold
> the options. On the left canvas have the image you are georeferencing,
> and the right the reference image? I can probably make a little mockup
> if my explanation is not clear....
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> 2009/11/10 Maxim Dubinin <sim at gis-lab.info>:
> > I knew you gonna ask ;) Moving GCPs to table is a step forward to it and
> we have it
> > on the aditional list, but not among do-to-release list that I've sent. I
> guess we can utilize
> > GDAL transformation matrix to do error calculations.
> >
> > Maxim

> be
> it
> >
> > BJ> What about displaying errors? It seems essential for me to consider
> this tool
> > BJ> as usable :)

> Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release  Manager)

>  * QGIS programming and support services
>  * Mapserver and PostGIS based hosting plans
>  * FOSS Consulting Services
> Skype: timlinux

Jack R

Jack R