[Qgis-developer] advanced editing tool "Reshape Features"

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Nov 10 16:07:07 EST 2009

Hi Otto,

I am not the developer but the one who proposed the tool.

Obviously the tool works on Polygon and Line Features, not on point
features.

It replaces the line or polygon part from the first to the last
intersection with the original line. Obviously, with Polygons this can
sometime lead to unintended results. It is mainly useful to replace
smaller parts of a polygon, not major overhauls. For line features it
works very well.

There may be some corner cases where the tool fails - Marco may be able
to explain.

Andreas