[Qgis-developer] Moving core plugins into core and implementing property lists

Wed Nov 11 16:58:22 EST 2009

Hi All

Following our discussions I will start moving some of the core plugins
into the mainstream codebase (so they will no longer be plugins):

- copyright
- north arrow
- scale bar
- csv importer
- gps
- wfs

I still need to figure out where the first three will appear in the
menus....I'll come up with a suggestion later.

I was also going to suggest we do the same with vector (ex ftools)
menu so that it is not a plugin anymore, although I'm not sure of the
route we should follow to do this since vector tools are python.
Perhaps we should wait a little and over the longer term port the
frontends to c++ too?

Also I will be committing some changes that will allow us to start
using property lists (also as discussed at the hackfest). I will start
on the vector props dialog and then do the same for raster props and
options dialogs (our three biggest / most complex dialogs I think).

I'll see how far I get until Martin commits his symbology-ng code
(after which we will enter feature freeze).

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net