[Qgis-developer] Re: [QGIS Commit] r12166 - in trunk/qgis: . doc

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Nov 17 23:11:09 EST 2009

I made a few corrections to this - I was going to do some updates to it soon anyways, you beat me to it ;)  The copy on the wiki seems to be based on some other version of the document, and the trunk diff seems to be from something else, and both contain changes I remember making... odd.

A couple notes about the corrections:

- GSL - the --build configure flag does not set OSX arch flags, this is more for cross-compiling.  Using i386 or x86_64 here will mis-identify the system as a generic PC linux and very likely get some OSX-specific compilation and linking flags wrong.

- Qt - top of doc says Qt >= 4.3, so mkspec hacks not needed.

- Qgis 32 vs 64bit configuration - I don't know about the -m32 and -m64 flags.  The way I've done it is adding the standard arch flags.

- llvm - though it's said to be compatible with GCC compilation, that's "mostly", and Qt 4.5 has a mac-llvm spec, I don't know how that's recognized in configuration, I'd rather see more testing before letting it loose on the casual user.

Tim: I don't know how to generate the INSTALL file and wiki installation doc from INSTALL.t2t.  Instructions somewhere?

PS. I hope to work on cmake configuration of the Xcode project soon.  I was stalled by a HD crash this spring where I lost work in progress.  I hate redoing things.

On Nov 17, 2009, at 4:12 PM, svn_qgis at osgeo.org wrote:

> Author: timlinux
> Date: 2009-11-17 17:12:33 -0500 (Tue, 17 Nov 2009)
> New Revision: 12166
>
> Modified:
>   trunk/qgis/INSTALL
>   trunk/qgis/doc/INSTALL.t2t
> Log:
> Applied updates from John Tull to INSTALL documentation for Snow Leopard

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying, fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan