[Qgis-developer] gvSIG mobile

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Nov 18 11:57:23 EST 2009

Hi all.
I studied a manula for the use of gvSIG mobile, as a possible source of inspiration
for a future QGIS Mobile. I do not think it would be very difficult to produce it,
mainly we have issues with interface size (shrinking everything in a small screen).
What I found from the comparison:
- we miss a live interface with GPS (but there are a number of programs we could link to)
- we miss an export tool (from the desktop app they clip rasters and vectors to the
current window, and send the reduced data set to the mobile device, cool feature)
- digitizing may be ok as it is currently in QGIS
- main limitation they have: no tiff, only a few EPSG, few languages, and *only*
windows mobile, apparently
So, overall I think we are well placed.
All the best.