[Qgis-developer] fTools and qt-4.6.0-rc

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 13:45:07 EST 2009

Carson,

In my ongoing attempt to get a python enabled qgis working on OS X Snow Leopard, I am having better success using sip and pyqt dev branches and the qt-4.6.0 release candidate. Unfortunately, an error when starting qgis is indicating a problem with fTools. Below is the text of the error. It appears like the message is cut off at the end, but that was the entirety of the message text in the pop-up window. Any ideas on this?

Couldn't load plugin fTools due an error when calling its classFactory() method

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/qgis1.4.0.app/Contents/MacOS/share/qgis/python/qgis/utils.py", line 136, in startPlugin
    plugins[packageName] = package.classFactory(iface)
  File "/Applications/qgis1.4.0.app/Contents/MacOS/share/qgis/python/plugins/fTools/__init__.py", line 33, in classFactory
    from fTools import fToolsPlugin
  File "/Applications/qgis1.4.0.app/Contents/MacOS/share/qgis/python/plugins/fTools/fTools.py", line 47, in
    import doReProject, doSpatialJoin, doSubsetSelect, doSumLines, doVectorGrid, doAbout
  File "/Applications/qgis1.4.0.app/Contents/MacOS/share/qgis/python/plugins/fTools/doAbout.py", line 22, in
    from ui_frmAbout import Ui_Dialog
  File "/Applications/qgis1.4.0.app/Contents/MacOS/share/qgis/python/plugins/fTools/ui_frmAbout.py", line 71
    self.textEdit.setHtml(QtGui.QApplication.translate("Dialog", "

Thanks,
John