[Qgis-developer] building with MinGW/gcc 4.4.0

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat Nov 21 20:58:18 EST 2009

S Mizuno wrote:
> Alex,
>
> Over the past week I have been trying to compile QGIS using the latest MinGW with gcc 4.4.0 (I was using gcc 3.4.5 previously). I found 2 errors and 1 warning which I was able to resolve. I expect to file a trac ticket on these in the next day or two when I have finalized the details.  The affected files are: qgssearchstringparser.yy, pal.h, and main.cpp.
>
> I also was compiling using Windows Vista and Windows 7 and have been successful with both platforms. I really didn't expect to have any major problems. The only problem so far is that patch (in MSys console) appears to hang, but this isn't necessary for compiling, just for applying patches.
>
> I have not yet tried to include Python or GRASS in building QGIS.
>
> More extensive testing of the executable is still to be done.
>
> Later,
> Steve

That's great news, I haven't had a change to try your notes out yet but
hope to get to it this next week. Last I remember I got stuck on a proj
error but had everything up until that.

Note, you will run into an issue with the Python Cmake file as it only
checks for MSVC when looking for a .bat file vs .sh, and it needs to
actually check for WIN32 or for both MSVC and MINGW. I will file a
ticket/fix for that so someone can verify it.

Thanks,
Alex