[Qgis-developer] GeoFeeds plugin, feature wish: import line-features from GeoRSS-Format

Marc Jansen jansen at terrestris.de
Mon Nov 23 04:25:11 EST 2009

Hi devs,

over at the QGIS IRC channel the great python plugin GeoFeeds was
recommended to me to import GeoRSS feeds into QGIS
(http://logs.qgis.org/slogs/%23qgis.2009-11-20.log, look for marcster).
AFAIK the plugin currently handles points and polygons... but not lines.

As I wasn't able to find out who the plugin author is, I am posting the
following wish to the dev list (in the hope that the original developer
will read it):

Is it possible to enhance the plugion to also read line features?

Testdata is here:
http://www.webmapcenter.de/tmp/tour-lines.xml (That link will be gone in
roughly a month or so)

Thanks in advance
Marc

PS: Is it possible to add a feed with different Geometrytypes?

PPS: I really love QGIS! Just wanted you to know :-)