[Qgis-developer] Re: New composer draw shapes

Marco Hugentobler marco at hugis.net
Tue Nov 24 04:12:49 EST 2009

Hi John

Thanks for your feedback.
It is now possible to set the transparency values for fill/outline in the color
dialog.

> That is a great idea as well. Might I suggest that it have the flexibility
>  to create lines with arrow options for either end? Perhaps this was
>  already your thinking. That way, the user can create arrows or generalize
>  them to serve as simple lines to possibly highlight a separation or
>  something else on the map without having an arrow on the end. Of course,
>  the ability to create curved lines with a bezel tool would be nice, but
>  perhaps too complex.

As a first step, I plan to add the choice to have no arrow marker, a hardcoded
predefined arrow marker or the possibility to specify svg files as marker.

Curved lines are a good idea too, but I leave that for future implementations.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler