[Qgis-developer] How set up last used directory

Giuseppe Sucameli brush.tyler at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 10:57:45 EST 2009

Hi,
> The answer then was: do it using QSettings:
> http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qsettings.html#details
yes, in this moment I'm using the QSettings class (i've find it into
qgis code :P), but my question is if use a specific setting name.

In this moment, for the last opened project it's used "/UI/lastProjectDir",
but each plugin has its own setting name for last used dir.

We should standardize it:
e.g. for raster files use "/UI/lastRasterDir", for shapes use another
setting name.

I think it's most useful have a unified approch, make a standard
in this way, because if a user installs 30 plugins, it's senseless
to have 30 different settings, with 30 different path!!!

Greets!
--
Giuseppe Sucameli