[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] Value Tool Plug-in Problem

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Oct 2 15:46:10 EDT 2009

When is it failing?  I installed it in my current Qgis 1.3 and enabled
it, no problems so far.  I see the panel, but I have no clue on how it
works (do plugins have help?).

On Oct 2, 2009, at 2:23 PM, John C. Tull wrote:

> Thanks for that clarification, William. I was unaware of that.
>
> My build instructions were based on using your frameworks and my own
> trunk build of qgis. Do you have any suggestions on getting the plug-
> in working with your binary? Apparently something is not being
> picked up if the plugin is reporting qwt as missing for people.
>
> John
>
> On Oct 2, 2009, at 11:45 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> On Oct 2, 2009, at 12:46 PM, John C.Tull wrote:
>>
>>> The gdal and osgeo modules are part of William's gdal framework,
>>> so make sure those are installed on your system. The value tool
>>> plugin requires pyqwt5 as well.
>>
>> Note: my Qgis binaries include a bundled pyqwt5.  I do this because
>> they are meant to be installed inside the PyQt folder, it wouldn't
>> work to install PyQwt5 in your system site-packages.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro