[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] Value Tool Plug-in Problem

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Oct 2 19:34:18 EDT 2009

Ah, raster.  OK, no complaints about Qwt5.  Move the cursor around the
map and the little red dot bounces up-n-down the graph.

Tested on full version on Tiger and Snow (I can try Leo, and
standalones, later).

On Oct 2, 2009, at 5:44 PM, John C. Tull wrote:

> Help? Not sure. Depends on whether there is a website or not, etc.
> Some are documented in the help documentation.
>
> If you load a raster (any raster), enable the plugin (there should
> be a panel, as you mentioned), then tick the second box (Value/
> Graph), an interactive graph should show up. If qwt is not being
> picked up, then it will say qwt not found, or similar.
>
> Agus: are your students using the most current binary?
>
> Regards,
> John
>
> On Oct 2, 2009, at 12:46 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> When is it failing?  I installed it in my current Qgis 1.3 and
>> enabled it, no problems so far.  I see the panel, but I have no
>> clue on how it works (do plugins have help?).
>>
>> On Oct 2, 2009, at 2:23 PM, John C. Tull wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for that clarification, William. I was unaware of that.
>>>
>>> My build instructions were based on using your frameworks and my
>>> own trunk build of qgis. Do you have any suggestions on getting
>>> the plug-in working with your binary? Apparently something is not
>>> being picked up if the plugin is reporting qwt as missing for
>>> people.
>>>
>>> John

>> -----
>> William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos*at*kyngchaos*dot*com>
>> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>>
>> Theory of the Universe
>>
>> There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers
>> exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will
>> instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more
>> bizarrely inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that
>> this has already happened.
>>
>> -Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the
past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between
my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"The beast is actively interested only in now, and, as it is always
now and always shall be, there is an eternity of time for the
accomplishment of objects."

- the wisdom of Tarzan