[Qgis-developer] fTools doubts

Maxim Dubinin sim at gis-lab.info
Tue Oct 6 17:27:18 EDT 2009

Hi,

IMHO it should be kept, such redundacy is good. The ability to save from
projected view is more like a workaround then a tool to me. Plus it is
much easier to explain it to a new person (like go to tools and select
"reproject").

If you compare it with other GIS, there is always a possibility to do
both, there is a tool and you always can save vector in the current coordinate
system.

However, usability wise, this may be improved, by asking whether user
needs to save the layer in other projection on the same step when
asked for new name. Two options can be provided: in coordinate system
of the data and in the current coordinate system. Ability to select
other CRS should be left to a reprojection tool.

Maxim