[Qgis-developer] more fTools doubts

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 08:10:59 EDT 2009

Nice one! We'll have to add this to the C++ API during hackfest (or before
if I get a chance).
Unfortunately a lot of my QGIS stuff is on hold until the hackfest do to
time constraints :-(
Once it's added at the C++ level, I'll add it to the Python API as well, so
others can use it,
I think this will be a very useful function!

Carson

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>wrote:

> Carson Farmer ha scritto:
>
> > Yes this is quite slow... in fact, this is a really simple
> > implementation of geometry checking,
> > and is done almost entirely within Python, so it's quite slow. I don't
> > know if there is a GEOS
> > function that will do this for us, if there is, I have change the code
> > to take advantage of this,
>

> http://geos.refractions.net/ro/doxygen_docs/html/classgeos_1_1geom_1_1Geometry.html#a16?
>
> I think PostGIS use this for is_valid.
> All the best.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini: http://www.faunalia.it/pc

Carson Farmer
National Centre for Geocomputation
John Hume Building,
National University of Ireland, Maynooth,
Maynooth,
Co. Kildare,
Ireland.
www.carsonfarmer.com