[Qgis-developer] Voronoi missing

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 10:56:39 EDT 2009

Hi Paolo,

In fTools there is a command for generating Delaunay triangles; it would be
> good (and presumably easy) to add Voronoi tesselation to it.

Good: Certainly
Easy: Not so much ;-)
The code that I use to create the delaunay triangles is not my own, and as
such is not designed
to create nice voronoi polygons. It can certainly make voronoi lines, and I
can add this easily,
but polygons will require quite a bit more work. I will of course add this
in due time, unless someone
else has an all Python voronoi polygons implementation that they want to
share? I stress all Python
because fTools has no additional requirements beyond the base Python and
QGIS libraries, and *must*
stay that way...

Regards,

Carson