[Qgis-developer] Contrast Stretch Based on Current View

Peter Ersts ersts at amnh.org
Fri Oct 9 13:02:01 EDT 2009

Hi Jeff.

I think this is a good idea, but something that I would really like to
see as core functionality rather than in a plugin. It will not be too
difficult to add and would be even easier in the main raster class
because you have access to the readData() and readValue() functions,
which are private. Basically, look at any of the drawXXXX() methods as a
outline for what needed to be done.

If you would file a ticket and I will see about getting it in. If you
are interested in helping out with the raster code base ( we could use
help, I have been inexcusably absent  ) let us chat some more!

-pete

Jeff Ruby wrote:
> I'm new to QGIS development.  I want to do a min-max contrast stretch
> on raster layer based on the portion of the image currently displayed
> in the window.  I believe I can figure out how to write a plugin that
> will set the min max values, my problem is obtaining the min and max
> values for the portion of the raster band the is currently displayed.
> Any advice on how to do this?

====================================
Peter J. Ersts, Software Developer
American Museum of Natural History
Center for Biodiversity and Conservation
Central Park West at 79th Street
New York, New York 10024
Web: http://biodiversityinformatics.amnh.org
Web: http://cbc.amnh.org

Open Source,
...evolving through community cooperation to change the world bit by bit

Quantum GIS Raster Development Team.