[Qgis-developer] Error after Upgrade to Ubuntu 9.10

Matthew Denno mgdenno at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 23:19:51 EDT 2009

Hello All,

I just upgraded to Ubuntu 9.10 beta and also upgraded from QGIS 1.2 to
QGIS to 1.3 from:

http://ppa.launchpad.net/qgis/unstable/ubuntu karmic main

Now I am receiving the following error when QGIS starts:

Couldn't load PyQGIS.
Python support will be disabled.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "", line 1, in
RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v6.0 but the qgis.core
module requires API v5.0

Python version:
2.6.4rc1 (r264rc1:75270, Oct 13 2009, 17:19:38)
[GCC 4.4.1]

Any suggestions on how to fix this?  I also noticed someone on the
Users list (via Nabble) having the same problem, but I am not
subscribed to that list so I thought I would post this here.

Thanks,

Matt