[Qgis-developer] slow reading shp

Marco Hugentobler marco at hugis.net
Wed Oct 21 03:15:25 EDT 2009

Hi Frank

Thanks, this is a good hint. I tested it and the large polygons draw
considerably faster now. It is still not fast, but it seems that this is a Qt
problem with slow drawing of large polygons. QImage seems to handle that
better than QPixmap.

The following warings appear on command line. Probably the shapefile contains
some defects?

Warning 1: Geometry of polygon of fid 150 cannot be translated to Simple
Geometry. All polygons will be contained in a multipolygon.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler