[Qgis-developer] Can not load shape files with QgsVectorLAyer function

Volkan Kepoglu vkepoglu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 04:28:59 EDT 2009

Hi Lutfi,

you can try this punch of code for starting:

from PyQt4.QtGui import *
from PyQt4.QtCore import *

vlayer = QgsVectorLayer("c/temp/abc.shp", "hebe", "ogr")

print vlayer.source()

QgsMapLayerRegistry.instance().addMapLayer(vlayer)

QMessageBox.information(iface.mainWindow(), "info", "file:
"+str(vlayer.source())+" is added.")

regards,

volkan

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 11:18 AM, <luca_manganelli at comune.trento.it> wrote:

> qgis-developer-bounces at lists.osgeo.org scritti il 21/10/2009 10.13.51
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > vlayer = QgsVectorLayer("C:
> >

> \Users\lutfi\Documents\tezzzz\shapefiles\data\SGID93_BOUNDARIES_Municipalities.
>
> > shp", "hebe", "ogr")
> >
> > I am trying to run the code above and no matter what is the file,
> > featurecount always return zero in python console so that ny plugin
> > does not work. What may be the problem?
>
> see the slash "\", it does an escape.
>
> Try it with double shlashes ("\\") or inverted slash ("/").
>
> It's a common error (I've made many mistakes with it :-) )

Volkan Osman Kepoglu
PhD Candidate
GGIT Department in METU,
http:/ggit.metu.edu.tr