[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] inserting symbols into qgis

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Wed Oct 21 17:45:17 EDT 2009

Hi All,

Sorry to hijack the topic (and the dev x-post), but this thread
prompted me to bring up a general issue with custom symbols. The
current structure for adding new symbols on OS X is pretty poor
(perhaps on other OS's as well?). It requires the user to copy the
relevant svg files to a location inside of an application bundle.
Hence, the changes have to be done with every update of the program.

It would be much better if there was an svg directory inside of the
same directory where plugins are stored, ~/.qgis on OS X. This would
maintain symbols across versions and new builds of the program.

For any hackfesters out there, perhaps this can make it on the todo
list. If this possibility already exists, please correct me.

Regards,
John