[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] inserting symbols into qgis

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Oct 22 02:47:42 EDT 2009

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 14:45:17 -0700, "John C. Tull"
<john.tull at wildnevada.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Sorry to hijack the topic (and the dev x-post), but this thread
> prompted me to bring up a general issue with custom symbols. The
> current structure for adding new symbols on OS X is pretty poor
> (perhaps on other OS's as well?). It requires the user to copy the
> relevant svg files to a location inside of an application bundle.
> Hence, the changes have to be done with every update of the program.
>
> It would be much better if there was an svg directory inside of the
> same directory where plugins are stored, ~/.qgis on OS X. This would
> maintain symbols across versions and new builds of the program.

Hi all.
This has been discussed several times. I think a mechanism analogous to the
py plugin installer would be the best, with the possibility of adding
symbols both from various repos and from local directories.
I think there should be a ticket open on this: could you please check, and
if not, add it?
Thanks.
--
http://faunalia.it/pc