[Qgis-developer] problem in using maptool

Arpita Singh singarpita at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 06:40:30 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am new to QGIS, and I am trying to build an application.
I downloaded your tutorial it worked nicely even i was able to use
ZoomFullExtent, ZoomPrevious.
but when I tried "qgsmaptoolidentify" it gave an error as:

File "E:\project\viewer.py", line 158, in __init__
self.toolIdentify = QgsMapToolIdentify(self.canvas)
NameError: global name 'QgsMapToolIdentify' is not defined

I used the above stated header as:

self.toolPan = QgsMapToolPan(self.canvas)
self.toolPan.setAction(self.mpActionPan)
self.toolIdentify = QgsMapToolIdentify(self.canvas)
self.toolIdentify.setAction(self.mpActionIdentify)
self.toolZoomIn = QgsMapToolZoom(self.canvas,False)
self.toolZoomIn.setAction(self.mpActionZoomIn)
self.toolZoomOut = QgsMapToolZoom(self.canvas, True)
self.toolZoomOut.setAction(self.mpActionZoomOut)

def pan(self):
    self.canvas.setMapTool(self.toolPan)
def zoomIn(self):
    self.canvas.setMapTool(self.toolZoomIn)
def zoomOut(self):
    self.canvas.setMapTool(self.toolZoomOut)
def zoomFull(self):
    self.canvas.zoomFullExtent()
def info_(self):
    self.canvas.setMapTool(self.toolIdentify)

Please help me by giving any idea.
thanks in advance

regards.
--